The Queensland SES are not currently accepting applications for potential volunteers.
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic situation in Australia, the Queensland SES has taken precautionary measures to keep it's members, and the community at large, safe. This includes ceasing regular meetings and training, deeming it unfeasible to take on new recruits during this time.
By joining the Queensland SES you may respond at local and national levels to many different types of activations as a result of disasters and emergencies including:
- Crime Scene / Forensics Search
- Cliff rescues
- Transportation incidents (road/rail/air)
- Searches for missing persons
SES Groups run local SES recruitment programs. Depending on the SES Group the frequency of Information Nights and Inductions may vary and some may be held infrequently resulting in possible delays in the membership process.
What could I expect to learn with the SES?
- First aid
- Map reading and navigation
- How to operate a two-way radio
- Basic rescue
- Rescue from heights and depths
- Road crash rescue
- Flood boat rescue
- Emergency operations management
- Storm damage response
- Land search techniques
- Leadership and team-building
- Instructional techniques (training others)