Sign In

Scenario 3

A woman posts that her elderly mother lives alone on an isolated property and has no phone and no accessible neighbours. The daughter has read the latest BoM warnings and studied river data and thinks her mother’s home could be inundated in 12 hours if conditions continue to worsen. On balance, her mother will likely be fine, but the daughter wants to call somebody and lodge her concerns about evacuating her mother.

It’s not yet a threat to life, so who should she call?

They should call another family member, neighbour or friend who lives nearby.

If she wishes to register that her mother may be isolated then she can contact either QPS or local government. If she is concerned about being isolated then the daughter should assist her by arranging her early evacuation. Should she wish to remain at her property then family and friends should keep a close eye on the situation.

<< back to Scenarios

Donate                          ( )

Volunteer with the SES

SES Video Montage                          ( )

Learn more about Volunteering ( )

Kids Page

Kids Page                          ( )